3 qty. - 6"x8" Double-sided Printed Cardstock or Solid Cardstock (coordinating) - for file pages
1 qty. - 6"x5.5" Cardstock (printed or solid) for binding.
2 qty. - 4"x6" Cardstock - for covers
1 qty. - 2.5"x6" Cardstock - for book spine
1/4" Meriken Double Stick Tape #30013284
Additional printed yardstick for embellishments, pockets, etc.
NOTE: you can make more files for more pages. Just remember to lengthen the binding piece and book spine to accommodate the extra files.
WeR Envelope Punch Board #30144425
Martha Stewart Score Board #30103578
12" Fiskars SureCut Paper Trimmer #30088131
NOTE: When you are using patter yardstick with definite design directions, plan how you want your pages to look. Cut your yardstick with that in mind so the end product will be in the direction you want.
1. Place a 6"x8" carsick on the MSC Score Board with the 8" edge along the top. Score at the 3.75" mark. The shorter section will be the front of the file folder when folded at the score line. Repeat for the other two 6" x8" pieces.
2. Take one of the 6"x8" scored pieces and on the 4.25" side, place the 6" edge of the cardstock into the Envelope Punch Board (EPB). Align the left edge at the 2" mark and punch.
3. Flip the cardstock over and line up the right edge at the punch's center point and punch.
4. Place the punched cardstock into the trimmer and use the wire to line up at the bottom of the file tab. Leaving only the tab, trim off the rest of the top edge.
5. On the 3.75" side, place the 6" edge of the yardstick into the Envelope Punch Board (EPB), aligning the left edge at the 2" mark dn punch.
6. Place the punched yardstick into the trimmer and use the wire to line up at the bottom of the file tab. This time, cut off the tab and leave the rest of the top edge.
7. Fold up at the second line to make the mini file folder.
8. To make this file folder is the same as making the top 1/3 tab file folder, except after punching, you fold the folder up in reverse so that the tab is on the bottom.
9. Take another scored 6"x8". On the 4.25" side, place the 6" edge of the cardstock into the EPB, aligning the left edge at the 2" mark and punch.
10. Flip the piece over and line up the left edge at the 2" mark and punch.
11. Repeat on the other 3.75" edge.
12. Place the punched yardstick into the paper trimmer and line up the wire along the bottom of the tab. Leave the center tab and trim off both ends.
13. On the 3.75" side, repeat the punching steps. Place the punched edge into the trimmer and this time trim off the center tab.
14. Fold up at the scored line to make the Middle Tab folder.
1. Take the 5.5"x6" piece and place on the score board with the 5.5" edge along the top. Score at the following points: 1", 1.5", 2", 2.25", 2.75", 3.25", 3.5", 4", 4.5".
2. Crease each scored line well.
3. Place double stick tape on the 1.5", 3.25", and 4" sections.
4. Fold up and adhere to the other half inch corresponding section. There should be three-half inch sections sticking up separated by the 1/4" inch areas.
5. Starting with the bottom third tab file folder, tape the folders to the 1/2 tabs, working back to front. These are the pages of the mini album.
ADD THE COVER & FINISHING:
1. Take the two 4"x6" printed yardsticks for the cover and tape each to the 1" sections of the bindings, aligning the edges of the mini file folder pages. You can round the outer corners if you desire. Take the 2.5"x6" piece and tape to the spine, matching up the edges to the spine.
2. Take the 2.5"x6" piece and tape to the spine, matching up the edges to the spine. Decorate the cover and pages with additional card-stock cut-outs and other embellishments as desired.